The Australasian Circa 1858
Overlooking Goolwa’s Wharf Precinct and the River Murray in South Australia’s Fleurieu Peninsula, near McLaren Vale, The Australasian Circa 1858 is a magnificently renovated small, privately owned and operated, boutique luxury hotel.
Juliet’s aim, along with Deborah (Concierge), was to create five uniquely “Australasian” suites with stunning ensuites, a grand restaurant and a light-filled lobby – in essence, a private luxury couples-only “destination”.
Juliet (resident Chef – pictured, right) literally interpreted the building’s original name “The Australasian” by stylishly fusing the heritage Colonial Australian features with classical and modern Asian design by blending the old with new, glass with stone, wood with stainless steel and Australian with Asian.
Our 10 year business anniversary falls in February 2019
- we have added powerful new LED lights to showcase the beautiful 1858 limestone walls
- our huge steel gates are getting a new lick of glossy dark blue paint
- more plants have been added to the secret garden and around the car park
- fresh new kimono and noren are adorning the lobby and dining room entrance
- we have bought another unisex bike with a huge strong basket (to carry the new monogrammed beach towels to Goolwa Beach)
- we have furnished the expansive lower deck with a second high wine barrel – perfect for perching your Saturday entree tapas and drinks over Summer
- we have planned new restaurant dishes well into the future and the wine list (we proudly stock only South Australian wines) continues to grow
We would love to welcome you: we provide…
- A weekend focused boutique hotel
- Delicious chef-prepared breakfasts included (discreetly left at your door)
- Early check-in (Noon), Late check-out (Noon)
- Daily room servicing
- A stunning on-site restaurant (public dining is Saturday nights – on other nights it’s just for house guests)
- Grazing platters (as a Room Service option)
- Gourmet 1 & 2 night packages (See the PACKAGES page)
- Secure online booking
The Australasian is a welcoming aesthetic haven on South Australia’s Fleurieu Peninsula where international, national and local clientele are encouraged to feast their senses on fine South Australian food, wine and hospitality whilst revitalising their body and soul within an exceptional and health-conscious establishment.