The Australasian Circa 1858
Overlooking Goolwa’s Wharf Precinct and the River Murray in South Australia’s Fleurieu Peninsula, near McLaren Vale, The Australasian Circa 1858 is a magnificently renovated small, privately owned and operated, boutique luxury hotel.
Juliet’s aim, along with Deborah (Concierge), was to create five uniquely “Australasian” suites with stunning ensuites, a grand restaurant and a light-filled lobby – in essence, a private luxury couples-only “destination”.
Juliet (resident Chef – pictured, right) literally interpreted the building’s original name “The Australasian” by stylishly fusing the heritage Colonial Australian features with classical and modern Asian design by blending the old with new, glass with stone, wood with stainless steel and Australian with Asian.
We reached the milestone of 10 years in business (Feb.2019).
We would love to welcome you between now and June 10th (then we are closing permanently).
- A weekend focused boutique hotel
- Delicious chef-prepared breakfasts are included (discreetly left at your door)
- Early check-in (Noon), Late check-out (Noon)
- Daily room servicing
- A stunning on-site restaurant (public dining is Saturday nights – on other nights it’s just for house guests)
- Grazing platters (as a Room Service option or part of the Weekend Gourmet 2 night packages)
- Gourmet 1 & 2 night packages (See the PACKAGES page)
- Secure online booking (availability visible until mid-June 2019)
The Australasian is a welcoming aesthetic haven on South Australia’s Fleurieu Peninsula where international, national and local clientele are encouraged to feast their senses on fine South Australian food, wine and hospitality whilst revitalising their body and soul within an exceptional and health-conscious establishment.